Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Alex Kay Terry is Born


Alex Kay Terry was born into this world Tuesday, March 7th, 2006 at 1:47 pm. She weighed 7 pounds 4 ounces and was 20-1/4 inches long. She is a beautiful little girl with a lot of dark hair (remember Ayden was essentially bald). We are so grateful for her arrival into our home.

Here is how the labor and delivery went in a brief summary. Jenni and I departed from our home early in the morning, leaving Ayden in the care of her grandma Kay. We were checked into our labor and delivery room at 5 am in the morning at the St. Luke's Hospital in downtown Boise. After some time they began inducing Jenni's labor which was fairly tolerable for the first part of the morning and at approximately 11:30 the labor intensity picked up and things began progressing steadily. I can not even begin to comprehend how painful labor is. Jenni is downright tough. As many of you may already know, because of Jenni's low platelets she is required to give birth without an epidural. Eventually, it seemed like forever, the time came for Jenni to push. Jenni let the nurses know that she was pushing whether Dr. Lowder was there or not. I of course was prepared to catch the baby on my own but Dr. Lowder finally showed up. Jenni pushed for about 20 minutes and out came Alex Kay. Alex was immediately handed to Jenni and I sat there crying, more than Alex, watching two of the greatest females in my life seal their bond as mother and daughter. Meanwhile, the other significant female in my life was on her way to see her new baby sister. Ayden and Kay came running into the room about 15 minutes after Alex was born. Ayden jumped in my arms, looked at Alex who was being poked, prodded and rubbed by the nurse and pointed at her little sister who she was seeing for the first time and told me as if I didn't know, "ALEX!" Ayden spent a lot of time sitting next to her mommy and holding Alex telling her all about the things she was observing in the room.

Jenni and I are so grateful to have this beautiful baby in lives. We are grateful that our Heavenly Father has been so wonderful and trusting with us. I am blessed for having married such a wonderful, strong, tremendous woman who is absolutely my better half and for our two wonderful little girls.

3 comments:

-Laura- said...

Woo Hoo, I get to comment first. Wow, I can't believe that Ayden was able to identify Alex right away. Hopefully Janelle will be this excited about our little boy this summer (I'd say his name, but Laura still hasn't given final approval). Anyway, you guys get some rest and hopefully we'll see you soon!

Kyle (using Laura's ID)

-Laura- said...

Congrats Brad and Jenni! She looks beautiful! (We want more pictures!) I'm so glad that everything went alright for you. I hope that we can make it out there sometime soon to see you and your two little angels! Janelle is very excited that she has another girl cousin! We love you!

(This is really Laura)

Dede said...

Congrats!!! She is so beautiful... I couldn't be happier for the Terry Family. I love you guys and can't wait to see your new addition.